2009 - Present
Gershom Design Company, Los Angeles, CAPrincipal
- Specializing in the design and development of small and medium-sized business web sites.
- Growing sales utilizing ecommerce sites such as Amazon and eBay.
- Creating and maintaining social networking channels.
2000 - 2009
The Capital Group Companies, Los Angeles, CASenior Web Designer
- Design for the American Funds Web site.
- Wireframed and designed complex financial transaction applications.
- Lead marketing campaigns for both the shareholder and adviser web sites.
- Redesigned American Fund's Retirement Web site and the Plan Sponsor site according to internal design guidelines.
- Development of Capital Group's Web usability and design guidelines.
1999 - 2000
Faye, Pollack & Associates, Encino, CASenior Web Designer & Developer, Manager Online Projects
- Management of the company's internet department.
- Development of the corporate web site.
- Development and design of the International Marketing Innovations web site.
- Development and design of the web site for Roth, Bookstein & Zaslow, one of the largest CPA firms in Southern California.
- Design and development of web sites for investment management companies, such as Reed, Conner & Birdwell, Churchill Management Group, Anchor Loans, Envision Capital Management, and Gamble, Jones, Morphy & Bent.
- Design and web development (including database development) for Stila Cosmetics.
- Design and database development for International Merchandise Concepts.
CurtCo Freedom Group, Malibu, CAWeb Developer & Designer, Webmaster, Project Manager
- Project management to define the scope, budget and potential revenue of projects.
- Conducted business development and coordinated partnerships.
- Responsible for the development and design of the corporate intranet.
- Conceptualized, developed and designed a variety of web sites such as the award-winning Home Theater Magazine site, which won the ProjectCool-award for January 1999.
- Web Design for Mobile Computing and Communications Magazine.
- Concept and design for Geeksite, an e-zine.
1994 - 1997
Der Standard, Austrian Daily NewspaperInternet Department Manager, Webmaster, Online Marketing and Advertising
- Management of department; trained faculty staff.
- Developed, designed and produced the first Web-based edition of a daily newspaper in German language.
- Conducted on-line marketing and advertising.
- Responsible for the e-mail and newsgroup administration.
- Wrote articles on Internet-related subjects.
1991 - 1994
Der Standard, Austrian Daily NewspaperAssistant Director, Archive and Research Department, Public Relations
- Conducted information retrieval and dissemination.
- Creation and maintenance of databases, thesaurus and electronic indexing.
- Public Relation and Reader Service Department.
- Responsible for the evaluation and purchase of software.
- Responsible for office and personnel management, trained faculty staff.
1991 - 1996
Paul Hochegger Communications (Burson-Marsteller, Austria)Strategist/Researcher/Lobbyist
- Developed strategies for business and governmental lobbying campaigns
- Responsible for conducting advertising campaigns.
- Conducted interviews with prospective clients.
1989 - 1991
Arbeiter Zeitung, Austrian Daily NewspaperEditor
- Writer and weekly columnist for the Arts section.
- Wrote book reviews.
- Translations of foreign language newspaper articles.
1989 - 1991
University of Vienna, Austria
- Classical Languages (Ancient Greek and Latin), History and Literature.
- Byzantine Studies and Modern Greek Philology, Philosophy and Art History.
1982 - 1983
Vienna Art School, Austria
- Painting, Graphics, Art History.
- Windows, Mac, Linux. Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady, Dreamweaver and Fireworks, HomeSite.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (OpenMarket, Vignette). Working knowledge of CGI and Perl, Database integration.
Fluent in English, German and Modern Greek. Working knowledge of Italian, French, Spanish and Persian.